Director of Human Resources
- Joined Denver Water in 1995 as Manager of Human Resources; named Director of Human Resources in July 2009.
- Member of American Water Works Association and participant on Workforce Strategies Committee
- Member of the Society of Human Resource Professionals, International Personnel Management Association and the Colorado Human Resource Association. Co-chair of the Colorado Springs chapter of the Society of Human Resource Management’s Diversity Committee
- Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing and Bachelor of Arts degree in French from University of Colorado at Boulder; course work in French literature, government and translations at the University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France; Master of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix; post-graduate work in organization and development at Webster University
- Certifications earned as a Wellness Speaker from the National Wellness Institute; Internal Auditor from the Institute of Internal Auditing and Fraud Examiner from the American Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Under the direction of the CEO/Manager, the Human Resources Division is responsible for interpreting, updating and enforcing Denver Water’s Personnel Policies; maintaining and revising Denver Water’s classification and pay plans; establishing and maintaining employees’ personnel records; implementing policies, procedures and programs relative to recruiting, hiring, managing and retaining Denver Water employees; developing programs for training, education, personal, professional and organization development; implementing programs related to health promotion, counseling, support, employee relations and equal opportunity; administering Denver Water’s employee benefits and retirement programs; investigating internal and external employee complaints; and developing community outreach efforts with the goal of establishing Denver Water as an employer of choice.