Patricia L. Wells
- Joined Denver Water in 1991.
- Served as either city attorney or deputy city attorney, City and County of Denver, 1983 to 1991.
- Serves as a governor-appointed member on the Colorado Water Conservation Board, 2013 to present, also served 1995 to 2001.
- Served on the governor-appointed Colorado Water Quality Control Commission, 2007 to 2013.
- Worked as staff attorney for the Environmental Defense Fund and judicial clerk for Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Auburn University.
- Earned a Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School.
The Office works closely and proactively with employees and managers at all levels of Denver Water, and has a direct reporting responsibility to the CEO/Manager and the Board. Several areas of legal practice are involved in providing legal counsel to Denver Water, including water rights, contracts, civil rights, tort claims, real estate, natural resources, and municipal, employment, construction, environmental and regulatory law. The Office represents Denver Water in litigation, administrative and regulatory hearings, and internal appeal hearings.