Jan. 20, 2012 - Denver Water is repairing four water mains in southeast Denver. The water main breaks were the result of a malfunctioning valve that caused a pressure surge within that area of the system. While the valve has been fixed, Denver Water is repairing water mains at the following addresses:
- 7863 E. Bucknell Pl. (8-inch water main)
- 3410 S. Akron St. (12-inch water main)
- 3000 S. Newport St. (12-inch water main)
- 3001 S. Valentia St. (8-inch water main)
The following customers are without water while repairs take place:
- 12 homes and two apartment complexes (100 total residential units) on Akron Street from Floyd Place to Girard Avenue
- Six homes on Bucknell Place from Spruce Way to Trenton Street
- Nine homes on Newport Street from Cornell Avenue to Dartmouth Avenue
- 10 homes on Valentia Street from Verbena Way to Cornell Drive and Wabash Street
Repairs at all four of these locations are expected to be completed by midnight.
Updated: 4:25 p.m.