When does the plan start?
The automatic deductions should begin with the next billing statement after receiving your authorization. Just in case, keep paying your bill until your statement reflects that you are set up for automatic payments.
How does my bill get paid?
You will continue to receive bills in the mail that tell you the amount due. On the payment due date, APP will contact your bank, and your bank will automatically deduct that amount from your account.
If I enroll online is it safe and secure?
Yes. Denver Water takes your financial information very seriously. Your information is submitted over a secure encrypted Web page.
- I'm currently enrolled in APP but my bank account information changed. How do I submit this new account information?
Can I pay by Automatic Payment and receive my bill online?
Sure! To receive e-bills and pay automatically requires two steps.
1. Subscribe to receive a Denver Water e-bill.
2. Choose one of the following options to set up direct debit/automatic payments:
- You can enroll in Denver Water’s free Automatic Payment Plan. You will receive electronic bills in your e-mail that will specify the amount to be deducted from your checking or savings account. When your electronic bill arrives, simply review it and file it. The Automatic Payment Plan will automatically process your direct debit payment. Do not pay the e-bill (ignore the Bill Pay button) if you are paying through our Automatic Payment Plan, because this will result in duplicate payments.
- If you are already enrolled in an online bill pay service, such as a bank or credit union, it’s very common for these services to provide an Auto Pay feature. Contact your service provider to learn how to “turn on” this payment option.
How do I change to Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment?
If you already use Denver Water/s Automatic Payment Plan, you can set up an e-billing account, and then cancel APP. Remember to cancel your Automatic Payment Plan, or you may automatically pay your bill twice.
To change bill payment methods, simply:
1. Subscribe to e-billing by providing Denver Water with your email address.
2. You can cancel your direct debit (Automatic Payment Plan) authorization one of two ways:
What if I have questions about my bill?
E-mail Customer Care or call them at 303-893-2444 at least three business days before the payment date, and we will postpone deductions until we have answered your questions.
What if I want to cancel?
You can stop participating in the Automatic Payment Plan at any time by using our online form (select Cancel Service within Request Type section) or notify our office in writing.
For written requests, send your cancellation to Denver Water's Treasury Department by one of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 303-628-6479
Denver Water Treasury Dept. - MC 210
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204-3412