Closing Date: May 1, 2012
Hiring Range: $18.72 – $23.87 hourly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Established in 1918, the utility is a public agency funded by water rates and new tap fees, not taxes. It is Colorado’s oldest and largest water utility.
The Environmental Compliance section of Denver Water’s Operations & Maintenance division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Recycled Water Compliance Technician I. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring Denver Water’s compliance with applicable recycled water regulations, which include the following duties:
- Conducts inspections of recycled water customer sites before commencing recycled water service and on a regular basis for regulatory compliance.
- Visits customer sites to investigate complaints related to recycled water issues.
- Maintains training materials and records for all recycled water customers and conducts recycled water training sessions for customers and internal audiences as needed.
- Maintains recycled water customer compliance and communication database and assists customers with preparation of recycled water compliance documents when necessary.
- Prepares annual regulatory report detailing recycled water activities on behalf of Denver Water
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures as they relate to recycled water activities
Education: Two years’ college or university course work in training in environmental management and/or water quality related subjects.
Experience: Two years’ related environmental management and/or water quality experience.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
License, certificate or credentials: Must possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R’ Colorado driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record.
Other requirements: Must perform significant work in an outdoor environment, in a variety of weather conditions, as directed.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include deferred compensation plans; health and dental coverage; life insurance; and vacation/holiday/sick leave.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Brian Haggerty