Closing Date: September 4, 2012
Hiring Range: $14.07–$17.94 hourly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Established in 1918, the utility is a public agency funded by water rates and new tap fees, not taxes. It is Colorado's oldest and largest water utility.
The Real Estate and Distribution Section of Denver Water’s Engineering Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Engineering Systems Tech I. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists in conducting field tests and experiments to determine approximate location, flow, pressure, and size of pipelines; assists in the establishment of soil corrosion characteristics.
- Drafts maps to scale, indicating property lines, building locations, rights-of-way and other facilities. Uses CAD/CAM as required.
- Operates a variety of instruments and test equipment such as drafting instruments, field gauges, personal computers, meters and recorders.
- Performs clerical functions, which may include assisting in the preparation of reports, cost estimates, and the maintenance of various records, files and indexes. May include computer work.
- Maintains records of pressure data, low-pressure complaints, status of rights-of-way, real estate in the process of acquisition, new subdivisions and road easements.
Qualifications for this position
Graduation from high school, supplemented with completion of core college course work in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related field as determined by the requirements for specialized knowledge.
One years' experience in sub-professional engineering work as determined by the requirements for specialized experience.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Brian Haggerty