Closing Date: October 9, 2012
Hiring Range: $16.61 — $21.19 hourly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water’s Human Resources Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Administrative Assistant III. Under general supervision, performs a variety moderately complex and responsible clerical, administrative duties, prepares records, documents, and reports and performs other related general office support, requiring a thorough knowledge of procedures gained through experience and/or special study.
The successful candidate will also be able to perform the following duties:
- Develop and maintain a variety of complex office records and processes covering accounting, legal, or general phases of activities requiring detailed knowledge.
- Prepare documents and specialized records assuring accuracy, checking and proof reading all documents for sentence structures, punctuation, grammar, spelling, and format.
- Coordinates work and activities according to work load, continuity and end results. Performs moderately complex office and/or field support such as time keeping, ordering office supplies and equipment, tracks expenditures, and performs accounting –related transactions.
- May process P-card purchases and perform reconciliation of accounts.
- Receives inquiries from the public, applicants, employees and customers requesting services or information; supplies information and investigates complaints or problems regarding public services in specific fields, such as accounting and legal and general information.
- Reviews, checks and audits completed clerical and administrative procedures for accuracy; prepares special reports.
Qualifications for appointment:
Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures. Knowledge of business English (i.e., grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure). Knowledge of non-algebraic mathematics. Knowledge of legal forms and terminology, data processing concepts and equipment. Ability to compile complex records and prepare reports. Ability to operate computers and standard office machines and equipment. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public. Ability to utilize standard PC applications and/or specialized database systems in the performance of job duties.
Education: Graduation from high school, or GED, supplemented by clerical/secretarial training.
Experience: Three years' experience in general clerical work and/or legal secretarial experience, with specialization in a particular area as required.
Other Requirements: Some positions require demonstration of ability to operate standard office machines, and/or demonstrate accurate keyboarding skills.
Position may require HIPAA training.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION CATEGORY: Less physically active.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401(k) plan with 3 percent match; a 457 deferred compensation plan; health and dental coverage; life insurance; and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Loren Robinson