Closing Date: August 24, 2012
Accountant II: $4,193 to $5,345 per month depending on qualifications
Accountant III: $4,612 to $5,879 per month depending on qualifications
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water is recruiting for an Accountant in our Finance Division to work in the Property Accounting group. Coordinates work with other accounting groups to assure prompt preparation of statements, reports, maintenance of job cost, fixed asset and general accounting records. Responsible for maintaining good working relationships at all levels across divisions.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following:
- Prepares accounting data for statistical or management reports relating to accounting systems such as work orders, inventory, special billing, accounts payable or voucher requisitions.
- Monitors the progress of large internal construction projects for proper accounting classification and records.
- Responsible for construction analysis, quarterly closing of construction work in progress to fixed asset records, supervision of asset inventory.
- Provides accounting oversight and planning for all capital projects and is responsible for appropriate GAAP application.
- Assist with audit preparations for all aspects of property accounting.
- Supervises the maintenance of subsidiary or general ledgers according to established account classifications.
- Reviews and prepares complex journals entries and assists in the preparation of financial statements.
Education Requirements: Graduation from a four-year accredited college or university with a degree in business administration with a major in accounting, finance or related field, with a minimum of 21 hours of accounting courses required.
Experience Requirements: Three to five years of experience performing complex accounting work, including job cost and fixed assets with automated accounting system. Participate in the implementation and conversion of automated accounting systems. Two years of supervisory experience or equivalent lead experience required. Successful completion of training or coursework in supervision, leadership and management courses will be given favorable consideration.
Other Requirements: Position may require HIPAA training.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan; a 401(k) plan with 3 percent match; 457 deferred compensation plan; health and dental coverage; life insurance; and vacation/holiday/sick leave and more. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Kathy Balu