Closing Date: May 31, 2012
Hiring Range: $5,580 to $7,114 monthly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Established in 1918, the utility is a public agency funded by water rates and new tap fees, not taxes. It is Colorado’s oldest and largest water utility.
The Public Affairs division of Denver Water is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Stakeholder Relations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develops and implements an ongoing plan and program for communication from and to stakeholder interest groups with respect to Denver Water plans and activities, including the supervision of staff services to the Citizen’s Advisory Committee, Distributors, Chambers/Economic Development Councils, Small/Disadvantaged Business Outreach, water industry related organizations, environmental organizations and agricultural organizations.
- Provides capital project stakeholder outreach to neighborhood associations and for permit assistance, etc. Manages portions of the sponsorship and membership program to determine Denver Water priorities.
- Analyzes and interprets Denver Water policies and how they relate to public perception, the environment, and the resulting impact on the organization.
- Assists with the coordination of public information aspects of water conservation with private and public agencies in the water and natural resources area.
- Analyzes and interprets governmental, political and citizen attitudes.
Education: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in public or business administration, political science, public relations, or related field.
Experience: Six years’ experience working with the general public, special interests, citizen and business groups and individuals, involving political, environmental, public policy and organizational issues.
License, certificate or credentials: None
Other requirements: None
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include deferred compensation plans, health and dental coverage, life insurance and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Brian Haggerty