Closing Date: June 10, 2012
Hiring Range: $3,811 – $5,345 monthly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Established in 1918, the utility is a public agency funded by water rates and new tap fees, not taxes. It is Colorado’s oldest and largest water utility.
The Employment and Compensation Section of Denver Water’s Human Resources Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of HR Specialist I/II. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs recruitments by coordinating with hiring supervisors, the interviewing and screening of applicants and internal bidders, evaluating qualifications, training and experience, referring applicants and internal bidders for examination.
- Participates in job fairs and other community outreach programs.
- Assists in conducting surveys and/or preparing reports pertaining to various employment, compensation and employee benefits practices in the metropolitan area, including comprehensive salary and benefits data on key jobs within the community.
- Assists in conducting job audits and writes or revises classification descriptions.
- Assists in preparing and revising personnel forms such as application blanks, questionnaires and status change forms; recommends internal procedures to be followed. Assists in the development and maintenance of Personnel Policies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this position
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in human resources, public or business administration, or related field, with course work in human resources.
Experience: Two years' professional experience in human resources, including specialized experience as required. Familiarity with PeopleSoft or other HRIS system preferred.
License, certificate or credentials: PHR or IPMA-CP preferred
- Ability to write interview questions for a variety of positions and audiences.
- Experience posting on online job sites and creating online job postings.
- Experience with the utilization of Social Media tools for recruiting purposes.
- Experience with a Job Factoring system.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public, and private and public sector organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include deferred compensation plans, health and dental coverage, life insurance and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Brian Haggerty