Closing Date: October 16, 2012
Hiring Range: $22.05–$28.11 hourly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water’s Information Technology Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of IT Support Specialist II within our IT Admin and Operations section. The successful candidate will also be able to perform the following duties under supervision performs technical related duties related to Production Control:
Qualifications for appointment:
- Responds to end-user requests for help (phone calls, emails, web inquiries, etc.), troubleshoots and resolve/escalate requests for services, technology issues, and break/fix issues and provides timely and thorough follow-up with information and status updates to client groups.
- Tidal Administration Support
- Create/Modify/Remove Jobs, Add Users/Workgroups, Modify Passwords for the Runtime User accounts
- Monitor Jobs/Agents, work with developers and place calls as needed
- Utilizes proven solutions to remediate end-user technology issues.
- Audit, review and maintains all required documentation for installed computer hardware and software, including maintenance records and system configuration as outlined in IT policies.
- Assist other techs with troubleshooting issues.
- Log all technology related issues in service desk software.
- Monitors the performance of computer software and makes recommendations for modifications to configurations to achieve optimal performance.
- Data Protector Administration Support
- Add/delete/modify clients, backup specifications, & vault locations, tape rotation
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and re-sends failed jobs resolve data protector issues effecting backup jobs
- Create and edit backup specs, Work with infrastructure group to resolve non-data protector related problems effecting backups
Education Requirements: Graduation from high school, supplemented with two years’ vocational/specialized training in computer science and/or operations, or related field.
Experience Requirements: Two years of Information Technology related support experience, including experience supporting computer user needs.
License, Certificate or Credential: Some positions may be required to possess and maintain a valid Class R Colorado driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record on date of appointment.
Other Requirements: May be required to perform on-call duty, work shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as directed. May be required to drive to various outlying locations in the performance of job duties.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION CATEGORY:
Less physically active. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401(k) plan with 3 percent match; a 457 deferred compensation plan; health and dental coverage; life insurance; and vacation/holiday/sick leave.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application. Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received.
Recruiter: Loren Robinson