Closing Date: November 2, 2012
- IT Support Specialst III $24.25–$30.92 hourly
- IT Support Specialst IV: $26.68–$34.01 hourly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water’s Operations and Maintenance division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of I.T. Support Specialist III/IV within our Process Control Section. The successful candidate will also be able to perform the following duties under supervision perform technical related duties related to Process Control:
- Independently perform technically related duties to execute complex installation, maintenance and/or support of hardware and software for PCs, network equipment, telecom equipment, printers and other associated peripherals.
- Typically supports a large section or a division and recommends improvements.
- Prepares administrative reports and recordkeeping on technology related projects or functions as defined by Tier 1.
Qualifications for appointment:
- Responds to end-user requests for help (phone calls, emails, web inquiries, etc.), troubleshoot and resolve/escalate requests for services, technology issues, and break/fix issues and provides timely and thorough follow-up with information and status updates to client groups.
- Relocate computer equipment, phone equipment, and network equipment as required.
- Coordinates installation with user and technical support. Assist in testing all desktop updates for area of support. Utilizes proven solutions to remediate end-user technology issues and assist in development of new procedures as necessary for enterprise-wide use.Audit, review and maintains all required documentation for installed computer hardware and software, including maintenance records and system configuration as outlined in IT policies.
- Assist other techs with troubleshooting issues. Log all technology related issues in service desk software. Develops troubleshooting and installation procedures for computer or telecommunications hardware and software. Monitors the performance of computer hardware and software and modifies configurations to achieve optimal performance.
- Trains staff in section/division area of support to improve individual user productivity regarding the use of desktop technologies. Researches, evaluates and recommends technology for upgrades and purchase. Proactively seek out new technology solutions, process and procedures. Works with section/division to develop desk to hardware/software migrations. Works with section/division on annual desktop technologies budget process.
Education Requirements: Graduation from high school, supplemented with two years’ vocational/specialized training in computer science and/or operations, or related field, depending on the requirement for specialized education.
Experience Requirements: Five to six plus years’ experience, including experience supporting user needs, in the areas of personal computers or telecommunications hardware and software, depending on the requirement for specialized experience.
Other Requirements: May be required to perform on-call duty, work shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as directed. May be required to drive to various outlying locations in the performance of job duties. Will be required to possess and maintain a valid Class R Colorado driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record of no more than 6 points within the last 3 years.
Successful candidate needs to familiar with Windows 7 Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Familiarity with Dell and Panasonic hardware also a plus.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401(k) plan with 3 percent match; a 457 deferred compensation plan; health and dental coverage; life insurance; and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Loren Robinson