Closing Date: June 1, 2012
Hiring Range: $4,192–$5,345 monthly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Established in 1918, the utility is a public agency funded by water rates and new tap fees, not taxes. It is Colorado’s oldest and largest water utility.
The Communications and Marketing Section of Denver Water’s Public Affairs Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Internal Communications Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as internal communications representative.
- Researches, writes and edits communications highlighting information for employees, including feature stories for employee newsletter and time-sensitive updates.
- Serves as employee communication liaison with appropriate staff in various departments and Denver Water locations.
- Assists in developing strategies, planning, implementation and evaluation of employee communication functions and activities.
- Manages creation and distribution of weekly electronic employee newsletter.
- Prepares correspondence, speeches and other materials.
- Identifies topic needs for the intranet site and creates content to address those needs; ensures stylistic integration of all web pages, maintains and upgrades functionality.
Qualifications for this position
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field.
Experience: Four years of experience in public relations, communications or related experience, including employee communications, writing, editing and plan development and implementation.
License, certificate or credentials: Must possess and maintain a valid class R Colorado driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles, and ability to follow AP Style.
- Thorough knowledge of general communications practices, including print and broadcast media.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public, and private and public sector organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- HTML knowledge a plus.
- Video shooting and editing experience a plus.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include deferred compensation plans, health and dental coverage, life insurance and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing.