Closing Date: May 25, 2012
Hiring Range: $4,192–$5,879 monthly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to over one million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Established in 1918, the utility is a public agency funded by water rates and new tap fees, not taxes. It is Colorado’s oldest and largest water utility.
The Conservation Section of Denver Water’s Public Affairs Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Conservation Specialist I/II. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Oversees staff responsible for rebate processing, scheduling conservation activities and customer service.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and evaluating employees; initiating and coordinating policies and procedures
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- And other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this position:
Education: Graduation from a four-year college or university with major course work in public or business administration, engineering, environmental planning, landscape architecture or related field, as determined by the requirements for specialized knowledge.
Experience: Three years’experience in public relations, management, intergovernmental or private-sector liaison work, or related activities as determined by the requirements for specialized knowledge.
License, certificate or credentials: None
- Ability to create and maintain collaborative relationships with employees, internal staff and external stakeholders
- Supervisory skills including team building, goal setting, evaluating and mentoring staff
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Computer skills including the operation of databases, spreadsheets and word processing programs
- Time and stress management
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include deferred compensation plans, health and dental coverage, life insurance and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruirter: Brian Haggerty