Closing Date: June 29, 2012
Hiring Range: $4,612 – $5,880 monthly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Established in 1918, the utility is a public agency funded by water rates and new tap fees, not taxes. It is Colorado’s oldest and largest water utility.
The OD/Training Section of Denver Water’s Human Resources Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of HR Specialist III. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in the development and delivery of classroom based training in subjects such as conflict management, supervisor/leadership skills, on demand team building and other professional development skills.
- Develop computer based training modules for e-Performance, HIPPA, performance management on other functional skills utilizing Captivate software.
- Consult with Human Resource staff and assist with development of appropriate interventions for employee development issues.
- Under supervision, develop training needs assessment surveys, satisfaction surveys and employee perception surveys. Analyze and interpret results.
- Assist with the re-design of the Denver Water Leadership and Supervisor Training program.
- Assist with the design of a workforce planning tool and subsequent training.
- Assist with marketing of training opportunities.
- Assist with the development and roll out of the Denver Water on-boarding process.
- Perform other facilitation and training duties as needed.
Qualifications for this position
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a related field with an emphasis on training, adult education, curriculum design or other applicable course work. Also requires knowledge of the human resource field equivalent to that obtained through an advanced degree program.
Some experience utilizing e-learning tools such as Captivate to develop and deploy online and computer based training. Minimum four years experience in facilitation, training and/or platform speaking.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include deferred compensation plans, health and dental coverage, life insurance and vacation/holiday/sick leave. All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
Recruiter: Brian Haggerty