- Customer must receive a water bill from Denver Water or a qualifying Master Meter distributor.
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of the purchase date. No exceptions.
- Applications must be accompanied by a copy of a valid sales receipt. A valid receipt shows:
- date purchased
- product model or item number
- price for each item
- proof that the item is paid-in-full
- Rebate amount will not exceed customer’s purchase price (with tax).
- Denver Water will determine if the rebate can be applied as a credit on the water bill or if a check needs to be issued.
- Application forms without complete information or a valid receipt will be returned to the applicant.
- Only new fixtures or appliances qualify. Equipment that is used, leased, refurbished, rented, received from warranty or insurance claims, exchanged or won as a prize do not qualify for this rebate.
- Rebate amounts expected to be greater than $2,500 must receive pre-authorization from Denver Water to be eligible.
- Customers applying for a rebate must agree to allow Denver Water employees to access their properties in order to verify installation of devices eligible for rebates.
- Should you be contacted for inspection, and the fixture/device is not installed at that time, the rebate will be denied.
- Failure to cash a rebate check within 90 days of issuance shall void the rebate and shall relieve Denver Water of any obligation to pay the rebate. Rebate checks cannot be reissued.
- Keep a copy of the entire application and receipt for your personal records.
- The rebate applicant should be the purchaser of the fixture.
- Rebate subject to available funds or discontinuation at any time.
- New construction does not qualify.
WaterSense-labeled toilets: 1.28 gallons per flush (up to $75 rebate); 1.0 gallon per flush or less (up to $150 rebate)
- WaterSense-labeled high-efficiency toilets (1.28 gallons per flush) — up to $75 rebate
- Maximum Performance (MaP), WaterSense-labeled ultra high-efficiency toilets (1.0 gallons per flush or less) — up to $150 rebate
- The WaterSense list of toilets includes models that may qualify for the $75 rebate or the $150 rebate. The MaP premium list includes only toilets that would qualify for the $150 rebate. (The list mentions toilets that have an effective flush at 1.06 gallons, but ones listed here do still qualify for the $150 rebate.)
- Low-flow toilets (1.6 gallons per flush) do not qualify for rebate.
WaterSense-labeled high-efficiency urinal rebate (up to $100 each)
- Only WaterSense-labeled urinals qualify, which use 0.5 gallons per flush or less.
- Waterless urinals do not qualify at this time.
Flushometer bowl and valve combination rebate (up to $125 per set)
- Bowl and valve must both be rated to flush 1.28 gallons per flush or less.
- Rebate applies to replacement of both the bowl and the valve.
- Retrofit kits are not eligible at this time.
Coin/card-operated laundry equipment rebate (up to $150 each)
- Washers must meet Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 2 or Tier 3 standards for energy and water efficiency. See this list of approved washers. Denver Water issues rebates for only CEE Tier 2 and 3 washers.
- Equipment must be replacing less efficient model (e.g., can’t replace a Tier 2 with another Tier 2).
Cooling tower conductivity controller (up to $500 each)
- Cooling tower make-up and blow-down should be submetered (rebate also available for submeters)
Submeter rebate (up to $40 each)
Rebate will be provided for submetering the following:
- Individual residential dwelling units in a multifamily building
- Individual commercial spaces in a commercial complex
- Cooling towers
Submeters required by code or ordinance on new construction are not eligible for rebates.
Commercial warewashing equipment rebate (up to $300 each)
- Eligible warewashers must meet EnergyStar® standards for energy and water efficiency. See the complete list of approved warewashers
- Equipment must be new
- Equipment may be leased or purchased in full
WaterSense-labeled smart irrigation controllers (25 percent of material cost)
- Only WaterSense certified smart irrigation controllers are eligible for a Denver Water rebate.
- Multiple smart controllers are allowed per account.
- Rebate applies to non-single family residential customers. Single-family residential rebate available here.
- For large irrigation customers (more than 1 acre of irrigated area) using smart irrigation controllers, we encourage participation in Denver Water’s water budget program, which allows customers to water any day of the week, as long as they stay within their budgeted amount.
- Commercial irrigation high-efficiency or rotary nozzles (up to $2 per nozzle)
At this time, our commercial online application is only suitable for customers who meet all of the below criteria:
- one account number
- one physical address
- if multiple units within property, only one unit is receiving a rebate
If your property does not meet those criteria, download and fill out this spreadsheet. Properties that have any of the following will need to use the spreadsheet to apply:
- more than one account number
- more than one physical address
- multiple units within the property will receive rebates
Once the spreadsheet is complete, email a copy of your paid invoice, along with the spreadsheet to email@example.com.