Antero Reservoir: Rules & Regulations
Fishing Regulations: Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Beginning June 5, 2017, bag/possession limit for trout is two.
- Ice fishing allowed only when conditions permit. Denver Water does not monitor ice conditions; therefore it is important to be aware of changing ice conditions and proceed at your own risk.
- Only portable ice fishing shelters are permitted and must be removed from surface of lake when not in use.
- Fish caught and placed on a stringer, in a container or live well, or not returned to the water immediately count toward daily bag and possession limit.
- Boats are allowed on the reservoir a half-hour before sunrise to a half-hour after sunset.
- Hand-launch boats, such as row boats, canoes, kayaks and float tubes, will be allowed on the reservoir starting June 5, 2017. However, neither motorized boats nor trailered boats will be allowed and the south boat ramp will remain closed.
- Tying off boats to buoys is prohibited.
- PFDs (Personal Floatation devices) must be worn at all times by children 13 years and under.
- Toilet facilities on any vessel must be completely self-contained.
- Permanent boat storage is prohibited.
- It is unlawful to operate a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Mandatory boat inspections for aquatic nuisance species occur at the north boat ramp seven days a week and at the south boat ramp Friday through Monday.
- Small trailered or small non-trailered, hand-launched watercraft (belly boats, canoes, kayaks, etc.) may launch from south ramp.
- Camping will open to the public June 5, 2017.
- The north shore is a day use area only. OVERNIGHT CAMPING IS PROHIBITED.
- Leaving a camper, trailer, pitched tent, motor vehicle or trailer unattended for more than 24 hours is prohibited.
- All types of camping are restricted to a total period of NO MORE THAN 14 DAYS. Following the 14-day period, person(s) may not relocate within the Antero area for a period of seven days.
- Quiet hours are between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- All campfires of any nature on any lands, including all shoreline areas of the reservoir, are prohibited except where fireplace grills and fire rings have been provided.
- Swimming, wading, scuba diving, wind surfing and water-skiing are prohibited.
- Discharging firearms, except when hunting, is prohibited.
- All pets must be kept on a leash and under control at all times. Pet owners must clean up after pets.
- Motor vehicles are restricted to designated roads and parking areas.
- State traffic and game laws apply at the Antero area unless otherwise specified.
- Off-road vehicle use of the area is prohibited.
- Snowmobiling on the reservoir is prohibited.
- It is unlawful to use, light, or ignite fireworks or explosives of any type.
- All special events require a permit.