- Fishing at Gross Reservoir is subject to all state regulations enforced by Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) statutes. The reservoir will be open to monitoring and enforcement by CPW.
- Snagging kokanee permitted Sept. 1 – Jan. 31 only.
- Ice fishing allowed only when conditions permit. Denver Water does not monitor ice conditions, therefore it is important to be aware of changing ice conditions. Proceed at your own risk.
- Only portable ice fishing shelters are permitted and must be removed from surface of lake when not in use.
- Boating during posted emergency closures is prohibited.
- All boats are subject to U.S. Coast Guard and Colorado Parks and Wildlife safety standards and will be subject to safety inspections.
- Trailer-hitched boats are prohibited.
- Boat launching is prohibited.
- Motorized boats (gas or electric), sailboats and belly boats are prohibited.
- Non-motorized car top boats ONLY are permitted on reservoir (car top boats are those that can be lifted onto and taken from the top of a passenger vehicle and are no more than 18-feet in length). Boating is allowed on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend through Sept. 30.
- Single-chambered flotation devices, including inflatable rafts, inner tubes and inflatable mattresses, are prohibited.
- It is unlawful to operate a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Overnight camping on Denver Water property is prohibited.
- Ground or open fires of any type are prohibited. Fires of any kind are only permitted in grills and fire grates provided at designated sites. All fires are subject to county bans.
- Public use permitted only from sunrise to sunset. Gate on south dam road subject to being opened and closed by Denver Water caretaker staff.
- No body contact with water is permitted: swimming, wading and diving are prohibited.
- Parking is permitted only in designated sites, either parking lots or defined spaces. Parking on roadways is prohibited. Vehicles may not be left parked and unattended at any time from sunset to sunrise, even in designated areas.
- All users yield to equestrians, bicyclists yield to pedestrians, and bicyclists headed downhill yield to bicyclists headed uphill. Yielding the right-of-way requires slowing down to a safe speed, being prepared to stop, communicating, and passing safely.
- Domestic animals shall be kept on leash or lead and under human physical control at all times. Animal waste shall be removed immediately by animal’s handler. Pets are not permitted to enter the water.
- Glass bottles or other glass containers of any type are prohibited, except within an enclosed vehicle.
- Firearms, fireworks or any projectile weapons of any kind are prohibited. Discharging of firearms is prohibited.
- Trespassing is prohibited on dam structure or within any fenced area, facility or areas posted with closure or danger signs is prohibited.
- Motor vehicles — including cars, trucks, motorcycles, minibikes, snowmobiles, four-wheel drive or other recreational vehicles — may not be operated unless the area is specifically designated and posted to permit the operation of such vehicle in the area.
- Depositing litter or waste in any place other than waste receptacles is prohibited. No household waste, hazardous materials or materials not from the reservoir site may be placed in any Denver Water waste receptacle. Introducing any waste or foreign substance to the water is prohibited.
These rules and regulations are in addition to, and do not supersede, any otherwise applicable county, state and federal laws. For further information please call: 303-634-3641.