City of Greenwood Village hosted a virtual public meeting with staff from Denver Water on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 6 p.m. The recording of this meeting has been uploaded below.
Denver Water’s contractor, Moltz Construction, will upgrade pumps within an underground vault in Greenwood Village starting October 2022. Denver Water continually monitors its aging infrastructure and identifies specific equipment in the street that needs replacement to ensure you receive a continuous supply of high-quality water.
When: Work will begin October 2022 and will last approximately seven months. The contractor will make every attempt to complete this project within the stated timeframe. However, delays due to unexpected construction issues and weather may happen. Working hours are typically Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: The intersection of South Clarkson Street and East Sunset Ridge Road will be closed during the duration of the project. A detour using East Belleview Avenue or East Littleton Boulevard to South Broadway is recommended.
What to Expect:
- Before work begins:
- “No Parking” signs will be posted in the work area. Street parking will not be available during working hours and vehicles left in the no parking zone may be towed.
- Sandbags will be placed on curb grates to prevent mud and debris from going into storm drains.
- During construction:
- Clarkson Street will be closed to thru traffic during the duration of the project.
- The sidewalk will be closed during construction.
- A detour will be required for the bike trail.
- Final restoration of roadway paving, curbs, gutters and landscaping will be completed as weather, materials and schedules allow.