Procedure for filing a claim for property damage and/or bodily injury resulting from an incident involving Denver Water.
Step 1: Call Denver Water
As soon as possible after the incident, call Denver Water at 303-628-6333 to report the incident.
Step 2: Write a letter
Write a letter containing the following information to the extent it is applicable and available:
- The name, address, phone number and email address of the person making the claim and the name and address of that person’s attorney, if any.
- A concise statement of the relevant facts, including the date, time, place and circumstances of the incident which is the basis of the claim.
- Names and contact information of any witnesses.
- A concise statement of the nature and extent of damages claimed to have been suffered.
- A statement of the amount of compensation being requested.
- Copies of bills establishing costs incurred and/or estimates relating to the damages claimed to have been sustained as a result of the incident.
- Any photographs of the property before and/or after the incident, as well as any other documents and information that may be relevant to the claim.
Step 3: Mail or email letter to Denver Water
Mail the letter to:
Attention: Manager of Safety and Security
1600 W. 12th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204
And/or email the letter to [email protected].
Step 4: Denver Water investigation
Denver Water will investigate the incident and will contact you regarding the specifics of your claim.
THE STEPS OUTLINED ABOVE DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR FILING A FORMAL NOTICE OF CLAIM PURSUANT TO SECTION 24-10-109 OF THE COLORADO REVISED STATUTES.
SHOULD YOU WISH TO FILE A FORMAL NOTICE OF CLAIM, IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW AND COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE SECTION(S) OF THE COLORADO REVISED STATUTES.