How to grow the perfectly watered Movember moustache
It’s Movember, that glorious time of year when the upper lips of many a male all but disappear for a good cause: to raise funds — and awareness — for men’s health, and especially early cancer detection.
Yes, it’s getting pretty hairy out there — and that’s a good thing.
And since we’re sure you have carefully planned how to grow the perfect Movember ’stache, we thought we’d offer some quick facts and water-saving shaving tips. Try saying that five times fast …
First, some facts:
- The average man needs about 3.5 minutes per shave.
- A WaterSense-labeled faucet aerator allows 1.5 gallons to flow per minute. That’s 5.25 gallons of water per shave.
- For those men who shave seven days a week, that amounts to almost 2,000 gallons of water per year!
Yes, that’s a lot. And yes, you can do better.
Here are some quick water-saving tips while you keep yourself looking fresh:
- Don’t run the water through your entire shave.
- Try shaving right after your shower. It’ll take less time for your pipes to warm up.
- Use an electric razor. No water required!
Be sure to save water all year and enjoy Movember responsibly.