Big projects highlight a successful 2023 at Denver Water
Thanks for another great year serving 1.5 million people — daily.
Passion, dedication and lots of hard work.
That’s what Denver Water’s 1,000+ employees bring to the job, 24/7, every day of the year.
In 2023, our people worked together to deliver nearly 68 billion gallons of safe, great-tasting drinking water to 1.5 million people in Denver and surrounding suburbs.
From utility workers on the streets to reservoir caretakers in the mountains, it truly takes a village to get water to customers. It’s a job we take an enormous amount of pride in doing every day.
Learn about joining the Denver Water team at denverwater.org/Careers.
Even as the water flows to customers every day, Denver Water continues to prepare for the future, with major investments in the water system to ensure the needs of our growing community are met.
Some of the accomplishments in 2023 include:
- Continuing year two of construction on the Gross Reservoir Expansion Project.
- Passing the milestone of more than 21,000 lead service lines replaced since the beginning of the Lead Reduction Program.
- Nearing completion on the new Northwater Treatment Plant.
- Replacing an average of about 80,000 feet of aging water pipelines under city streets.
- Opening our new water quality lab at the Hydro Building at the CSU Spur campus at the National Western Center.
Check out some of the work Denver Water is doing:
From everyone at Denver Water, it was an honor to serve you in 2023 and we look forward to a great 2024!
Get water-saving tips and news about Denver Water every week in our free, weekly TAP email. (Scroll down the page to add your email.)