Big projects highlight a successful 2022 at Denver Water
Another great year serving 1.5 million people — daily.
Passion, dedication and lots of hard work.
That’s what Denver Water’s 1,000+ employees bring to the job, 24/7, all year round.
In 2022, our people worked together to deliver nearly 68 billion gallons of safe, great-tasting drinking water to 1.5 million people in Denver and surrounding suburbs.
From utility workers on the streets to reservoir caretakers in the mountains, it truly takes a village to get water to customers. It’s a job all of us take an enormous amount of pride in doing every day.
Learn about joining the Denver Water team at denverwater.org/Careers.
And even as the water flows to customers every day, Denver Water continues to prepare for the future, with major investments in the water system to ensure the needs of our growing community are met in an ever-changing environment.
Some of the accomplishments seen in 2022 include:
- Beginning of construction on the Gross Reservoir Expansion Project;
- Passing the milestone of more than 15,000 lead service lines replaced since the beginning of the Lead Reduction Program;
- Making significant progress on the new Northwater Treatment Plant;
- Replacing more than 120,000 feet of aging water pipelines under city streets;
- And preparing to move our water quality lab into the new CSU Spur campus at the National Western Center.
From everyone at Denver Water, it was an honor to serve you, our customer, in 2022 and we look forward to a great 2023!
Get water-saving tips and news about Denver Water every week in our free, weekly TAP email. (Click and scroll down the page to put your email in the light blue bar.)