- Customer must receive a water bill from Denver Water or a qualifying Master Meter distributor.
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of the purchase date. No exceptions.
- Applications must be accompanied by a copy of a valid sales receipt. A valid receipt shows:
- date purchased
- product model or item number
- price for each item
- proof that the item is paid-in-full
- Rebate amount will not exceed customer’s purchase price (with tax).
- Denver Water will determine if the rebate can be applied as a credit on the water bill or if a check needs to be issued.
- Only new fixtures or appliances qualify. Equipment that is used, leased, refurbished, rented, received from warranty or insurance claims, exchanged or won as a prize do not qualify for this rebate.
- Rebate amounts expected to be greater than $2,500 must receive pre-authorization from Denver Water to be eligible.
- Customers applying for a rebate must agree to allow Denver Water employees to access their properties in order to verify installation of devices eligible for rebates.
- Should you be contacted for inspection, and the fixture/device is not installed at that time, the rebate will be denied.
- Failure to cash a rebate check within 90 days of issuance shall void the rebate and shall relieve Denver Water of any obligation to pay the rebate. Rebate checks cannot be reissued.
- Keep a copy of the entire application and receipt for your personal records.
- The rebate applicant should be the purchaser of the fixture.
- Rebate subject to available funds or discontinuation at any time.
- New construction does not qualify.
WaterSense®-labeled toilets: average of 1.1 gallons per flush or less (up to a $150 rebate)
- WaterSense-labeled toilets with an average of 1.1 gallons per flush or less qualify for a rebate of up to $150. See eligible models.
- Average of 1.1 gallons per flush or less toilets that qualify for up to a $150 rebate can be found at these local retailers, or by asking your plumber.
- Toilets that use 1.28 gallons per flush or dual-flush toilets with a 1.6-gallons-per-flush option do not qualify for rebate.
WaterSense®-labeled high-efficiency urinal rebate (up to $100 each)
- Only WaterSense-labeled urinals that flush 0.125 gallon per flush or less qualify.
- Waterless urinals do not qualify at this time.
WaterSense®-labeled flushometer bowl and valve combination rebate (up to $125 per set)
- Bowl and valve must both be rated to flush 1.28 gallons per flush or less.
- Rebate applies to replacement of both the bowl and the valve.
- Retrofit kits are not eligible at this time.
Coin/card-operated laundry equipment rebate (up to $150 each)
- Washers must meet Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 2 or Tier 3 standards for energy and water efficiency. See this list of approved washers. Denver Water issues rebates for only CEE Tier 2 and 3 washers.
- Equipment must be replacing less efficient model (e.g., can’t replace a Tier 2 with another Tier 2).
Submeter rebate (up to $40 each)
Rebate will be provided for submetering the following:
- Individual residential dwelling units in a multifamily building
- Individual commercial spaces in a commercial complex
- Cooling towers
Submeters required by code or ordinance on new construction are not eligible for rebates.
Commercial warewashing equipment rebate (up to $300 each)
- Eligible warewashers must meet EnergyStar® standards for energy and water efficiency. See the complete list of approved warewashers
- Equipment must be new
- Equipment may be leased or purchased in full
WaterSense®-labeled smart irrigation controllers (25 percent of material cost)
- Only WaterSense-certified smart irrigation controllers are eligible for a Denver Water rebate.
- Multiple smart controllers are allowed per account.
- Rebate applies to non-single family residential customers. See single-family residential rebates.
- For large irrigation customers (more than 1 acre of irrigated area) using smart irrigation controllers, you may be a good fit for Denver Water’s water budget program.
Commercial irrigation high-efficiency or rotary nozzles (up to $3 per nozzle)
Before applying, find the description that best matches your situation.
If your rebate is MORE than $2,500 it must be PREAPPROVED
Please fill out and submit preapproval form.
If your rebate is LESS than $2,500
Situation 1: Properties that meet any of the following criteria will need to download and fill out this spreadsheet.
- more than one account number
- more than one physical address
- multiple units
Once the spreadsheet is complete, email a copy of your paid invoice, along with the spreadsheet to [email protected].
Situation 2: All others may use rebate application.
WaterSense products are backed by independent third-party tests and certification, and meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s specifications for water efficiency and performance. With WaterSense’s consumer-friendly labeling system, you can easily identify WaterSense-certified products that will perform well and save water.