Save your business water and money with Denver Water’s rebates.
- Customer must receive a water bill from Denver Water or a qualifying Master Meter distributor.
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of the purchase date. No exceptions.
- Applications must be accompanied by a copy of a valid sales receipt. A valid receipt shows:
- date purchased
- product model or item number
- price for each item
- proof that the item is paid-in-full
- Rebate amount will not exceed customer’s purchase price (with tax).
- Denver Water will determine if the rebate can be applied as a credit on the water bill or if a check needs to be issued.
- Only new fixtures or appliances qualify. Equipment that is used, leased, refurbished, rented, received from warranty or insurance claims, exchanged or won as a prize do not qualify for this rebate.
- Rebate amounts expected to be greater than $2,500 must receive pre-authorization from Denver Water to be eligible.
- Customers applying for a rebate must agree to allow Denver Water employees to access their properties in order to verify installation of devices eligible for rebates.
- Should you be contacted for inspection, and the fixture/device is not installed at that time, the rebate will be denied.
- Failure to cash a rebate check within 90 days of issuance shall void the rebate and shall relieve Denver Water of any obligation to pay the rebate. Rebate checks cannot be reissued.
- Keep a copy of the entire application and receipt for your personal records.
- The rebate applicant should be the purchaser of the fixture.
- Rebate subject to available funds or discontinuation at any time.
- New construction does not qualify.
WaterSense®-labeled toilets: average of 1.1 gallons per flush or less (up to a $100 rebate)
- WaterSense-labeled toilets with an average of 1.1 gallons per flush or less qualify for a rebate. See eligible models.
- Qualifying toilets can be found at these local retailers, or by asking your plumber.
- Toilets that use 1.28 gallons per flush or dual-flush toilets with a 1.6-gallons-per-flush option do not qualify for rebate.
WaterSense®-labeled high-efficiency urinal rebate (up to $100 each)
- Only WaterSense-labeled urinals that flush 0.125 gallon per flush or less qualify.
- Waterless urinals do not qualify at this time.
WaterSense®-labeled flushometer bowl and valve combination rebate (up to $125 per set)
- Bowl and valve must both be rated to flush 1.28 gallons per flush or less.
- Rebate applies to replacement of both the bowl and the valve.
- Retrofit kits are not eligible at this time.
Coin/card-operated laundry equipment rebate (up to $150 each)
- Washers must meet Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tier 2 or Tier 3 standards for energy and water efficiency. See this list of approved washers. Denver Water issues rebates for only CEE Tier 2 and 3 washers.
- Equipment must be replacing less efficient model (e.g., can’t replace a Tier 2 with another Tier 2).
Submeter rebate (up to $40 each)
Rebate will be provided for submetering the following:
- Individual residential dwelling units in a multifamily building
- Individual commercial spaces in a commercial complex
- Cooling towers
Submeters required by code or ordinance on new construction are not eligible for rebates.
Commercial warewashing equipment rebate (up to $300 each)
- Eligible warewashers must meet EnergyStar® standards for energy and water efficiency. See the complete list of approved warewashers
- Equipment must be new
- Equipment may be leased or purchased in full
WaterSense®-labeled smart irrigation controllers (25 percent of material cost)
Commercial irrigation high-efficiency or rotary nozzles (up to $3 per nozzle)
Before applying, find the description that best matches your situation.
If your rebate is MORE than $2,500 it must be PREAPPROVED
Please fill out and submit.
If your rebate is LESS than $2,500
Situation 1: Properties that meet any of the following criteria will need to download and fill out this spreadsheet.
- more than one account number
- more than one physical address
- multiple units
Once the spreadsheet is complete, submit a copy of your paid invoice, along with the spreadsheet.
Situation 2: All others please fill out and submit.
Frequently asked questions
When I applied online, I selected to mail in a copy of my receipt. Where do I mail my receipt?
Mail your receipt to:
Denver Water — Conservation Rebate
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204-3412
When you mail in your receipt, make sure to include the reference number you were assigned when you submitted the application online.
Is there a time limit on when I need to apply for my rebate?
Yes. You must apply for your rebate within 90 days of purchase date. For large projects, we may provide an extension if we are notified of the request prior to the 90 days from purchase date passing.
How long will it take to get my rebate?
Customers with approved applications will receive payment within 2–4 weeks. Denver Water will determine if the rebate can be applied as a credit on the water bill or if a check needs to be issued.
What stores sell products that are eligible for Denver Water rebates?
Most major home building supply retail stores carry these items. Alternatively, you may choose to work with a contractor to purchase and install the item. Plumbing or irrigation wholesale companies also carry many of these products.
Will Denver Water inspect my new fixtures?
By submitting your application, you have authorized Denver Water to perform a site inspection, if necessary, prior to issuing the rebate. If you are selected for an inspection, we will contact you to set up an appointment.
How long do I have to cash my rebate check from Denver Water?
You have within 90 days of issuance to cash the rebate check. Rebate checks cannot be reissued.
I have several apartment/condo units within the same property where I am installing eligible products. Do I have to complete a separate application for each one?
No. Only one application is necessary per property (e.g., an apartment building).
If I have additional questions, how can I contact someone at Denver Water?
WaterSense products are backed by independent third-party tests and certification, and meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s specifications for water efficiency and performance. With WaterSense’s consumer-friendly labeling system, you can easily identify WaterSense-certified products that will perform well and save water.