Tour a Denver Water treatment plant
Although water from our mountain reservoirs comes from rain and snowmelt, it must be tested and treated to ensure that safe, potable water is delivered to our customers.
Request to visit a drinking water treatment plant to learn the five-steps of potable water treatment or learn about the expanding recycled water system at the Denver Water Recycling Plant. Recycled water — treated to just below potable standards — has helped meet the city’s needs for irrigating parks, golf courses and school grounds, replenishing lakes and serving industrial users.
Public treatment plant tours
Thank you for your interest in touring a Denver Water treatment plant. All of our public tours are now full for 2018. Please check back early next year when the dates for our 2019 public tours will be announced.
Group treatment plant tours
Treatment plant locations:
- Denver Water Recycling Plant (near 58th Avenue and York Street)
- Marston Treatment Plant (near Sheridan Boulevard and Quincy Avenue)
- Moffat Treatment Plant (near West 20th Avenue and Kipling Street)
Group (clubs, community organizations, etc.) tour requests are handled on a case-by-case basis under the following guidelines:
- Requests must be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to the desired tour date.
- Tours are conducted between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and are subject to review and approval.
- Tours are available for adults 18 and older.
- Tours are offered to groups of 5 to 25 participants.
- All tour participants will be required to sign a liability release prior to arriving for the tour.
- Tours will be suspended and/or canceled immediately in the event of safety or security concerns at the facility.
- Because of staffing limitations, a limited number of tours are available. Tours will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups in Denver Water's service area will receive priority scheduling.
Requests cannot be processed until all information is complete. Allow a minimum of five business days for requests to be reviewed, approved and confirmed.
Call 303-628-6160 if you have questions.
Tour Denver Water’s Operations Complex
Denver Water’s Operations Complex is in the midst of a redevelopment project to provide a more efficient, publicly accessible and sustainable headquarters. The buildings on our Operations Complex site were outdated, inefficient and inadequate to support the future demands of providing water service to our community. The goal is to build a modern site that improves the efficiency, functionality, security and safety of all operations.
Phase One of the project is complete with the new Fleet Services, Meter Shop, Trades and Warehouse buildings fully operational. Denver Water is proud to showcase the efficiencies and sustainability features of each building.