Encourage replacing lead service lines encountered during your work, whether it's installing sprinkler systems or selling a home. By taking a proactive role, you will lend your expertise while showing customers your concern for their health and safety.
Replace, don’t repair
If a lead service line has a leak, it should be replaced with copper in full, not just repaired. It's important to know the appropriate scope of work required to safely replace a service line.
Steps for professional service line replacement
- Obtain permits from Denver Water and the local permitting office.
- Call Water Sales Administration at 303-628-6100 to schedule a tap cut at the main.
- Replace the existing water supply pipe from the main to the water shutoff inside the home foundation using a continuous type K copper pipe (see Denver Water's Engineering Standards). If the indoor main water shutoff shows signs of deterioration or malfunction, replace it. When connecting a copper pipe to galvanized steel, be sure to use a dielectric union.
- Do not use splices or solder joints. Use lead-free bronze for all fittings at the meter, including the yoke.
- Backfill and compact excavations to standard.
- Replace the meter pit with new approved material (see the Engineering Standards).
- Schedule and pass all inspections. Contractors are responsible for rework.
Please encourage customers to flush their faucets after lead service line replacement:
Technical resources & contact information
- Engineering Standards
- Operating Rules
- New water service connections
- Pipe (water main) replacement projects
- Video of a service line replacement
For technical questions or to request copies of our handouts for customers, email [email protected] or call 303-628-6565.
Denver Water and Denver Urban Renewal Authority (DURA) are partnering to provide no- or low-interest loans to owners of single-family homes or duplexes in Denver Water's Total Service Area who want to replace lead service lines.
- DURA solicits contractor bids and oversees the replacements. Contractors who would like to participate should apply with DURA.
- If you are working with a customer who is interested in a loan and you know their line is made of lead, provide verification such as a signed note and tell the owner to call DURA at 303-534-3872.