Partial Reimbursement Frequently Asked Questions
Who qualifies for a partial reimbursement?
To qualify for a partial reimbursement for a lead service line replacement, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be the property owner where the service line is located.
- The service line must be entirely or partially made of lead. To see if a property has or may have a lead service line, use this interactive map.
- An application for partial reimbursement must be submitted and approved in advance of replacement of the lead service line.
- The applicant’s property must not already be on Denver Water’s schedule for lead service line replacement in the current calendar year or in the next calendar year.
- The replacement of the lead service line must not conflict with paving moratoriums for recently paved streets.*
*Denver Water may apply an exception for properties that are required to replace a lead service line as a result of Denver Water’s scrape-off/redevelopment policy.
How much is the partial reimbursement?
The partial reimbursement is a one-time payment of $3,800. If you are approved, Denver Water will mail you a check.
Are there loans, grants or other funds available to me to pay for my service line replacement?
Grants and low-interest loans are available for lead service line replacement. For more information and to find out if you qualify, contact Denver Urban Renewal Authority at 303-534-3872, or call the city’s 311 hotline.
I already replaced my service line. Can I get the partial reimbursement?
- Property owners who replaced their lead service lines prior to April 29, 2020, when the partial reimbursement program started, are not eligible for the program.
- Property owners must submit an application in advance of replacing their lead service line AND receive a confirmation email approving their application.
How long do I have to replace my service line once approved for the partial reimbursement?
You must replace your lead service line before the end of the calendar year in which your partial reimbursement is approved. If you do not replace your lead service line before the end of the calendar year, you must reapply in the next calendar year.
The work has been completed, what do I do next?
After the service line is replaced, Denver Water will inspect the new line and set the meter. After Denver Water completes these tasks, Denver Water will issue your partial reimbursement.