Due to the uncertainty around COVID-19 restrictions, along with budget and staffing constraints, Denver Water made the difficult decision to suspend water trailer availability for community events for the 2021 season.
Thank you for your understanding and for everything you are doing to help keep our communities safe. We look forward to being back out in the community with the water trailer in 2022.
The Denver Water Trailer supplies high-quality, ice-cold water to large, outdoor, public events. There is no fee for this community service, but event producers may need to provide volunteer servers.
Requirements for water trailer events
- The event must be in the Denver Water service area.
- There must be at least 1,500 attendees.
- The event must be free and open to the public.
- The Denver Water trailer is not intended to be the only water source for the event. The trailer is to provide drinking water to event attendees. A separate water supply for vendor operations will need to be arranged.
- Applications must be received by Denver Water a minimum of three weeks prior to event date.
- The trailer and truck need to be parked on a paved 50-feet by 20-feet surface. It must be able to support at least 20,000 pounds.
- If the trailer is parked on a grass surface, there must be proper notification and approval by the property manager/event coordinator.
- The trailer and truck must always remain hitched. No exceptions.
- Trailer drivers must have easy/clear access to the site location and exit during the entire duration of the event.
- Trailer must be accessible to all attendees.
Everyone requesting the water trailer must agree to comply with the following:
- In an emergency, Denver Water has the authority to cancel trailer participation at an event. It will be up to Denver Water to determine if the trailer can be rescheduled for a different date.
- The trailer is only available for an 8-hour block of time, per day, due to water quality requirements.
- If the water is used, and the trailer emptied at an event, it cannot be refilled to serve more water.
- The trailer cannot be delivered the day prior to an event or be left overnight for security and water quality purposes.
- The trailer cannot be unattended at any time and must always be staffed by a Denver Water employee.