Working at Denver Water
At Denver Water, we believe in what we’re doing. And it shows.
Whether it’s working in the Rocky Mountains in source of supply, laying pipe to bring water to homes in transmission and distribution, or providing excellent customer service to one of Denver Water’s 1.5 million customers, our employees love what they do.
It shows in the hard work done in the dead of winter. It shows in the camaraderie of a crew. It shows in the Denver Water Trailer volunteers in local events. It shows in the dedication of all employees, working together toward our mission and vision.
Denver Water’s Mission
To serve our customers by being a national leader in delivering clean water, operating and maintaining a reliable and resilient system, and protecting the water resources of the West.
Denver Water’s Vision
To sustain vibrant communities that value water for future generations.
Denver Water’s Values
At Denver Water, we believe our values are more than just posters on a wall. We believe everyone should be held accountable to know them and live them.
- Do the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Be honest
- Be accountable for actions
- Stand up for others
- Own up to mistakes
- Keep your word
- Be open to constructive feedback
- Maintain a long-term perspective
- Be curious and seek creative solutions
- Adapt to change
- Visualize a forward path and take it
- Anticipate future needs
- Do the job with heart and soul
- Act as an ambassador for Denver Water
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Care about everything we do at Denver Water, from source to tap
- Don’t give up, even under difficult conditions
- Display energy and enthusiasm
- Go the extra mile
- Take initiative
- Be safe
- Be extraordinary, set and meet high standards
- Get the job done right, not just done
- Focus on the customer
- Learn from mistakes
- Have the courage to lead
- Go out of your way to help others succeed
- Listen actively and thoughtfully
- Act honorably and courteously
- Assume others have positive intentions
- Treat others as they want to be treated
- Seek common ground
- Act in a fair and inclusive manner
- Work together as a team
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy
Denver Water is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Recruitment, Selection and Promotion
Recruitment, selection, appointment and promotion at Denver Water is based on knowledge, skill and ability. Individuals with physical or mental disabilities are employed on the same terms and conditions as other applicants so long as they can perform the essential functions of the job being filled with or without reasonable accommodation, with no resulting undue hardship to Denver Water.
We welcome your comments and suggestions: EmploymentGroup@denverwater.org.