Denver Water’s online job application system gives our candidates greater flexibility in the application process. It may be accessed from any computer with an internet connection. Potential applicants can review open positions on their mobile phones; however, the system is not currently able to accept applications from a phone.
- Denver Water can accept applications only for current open positions. We are unable to accept unsolicited resumes from people interested in working with us.
- Denver Water’s talent team is dedicated to helping find the candidates who are the best fit for Denver Water. We work to respond to your questions in a timely manner, but please realize we often have many people reaching out to us, so it can take a few days to get back to you.
- Applications are accepted only through our online application system. If you email us a resume, we will direct you to the online posting to complete an online application. At that time, you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please fill out the application completely. You’d be surprised how many times an applicant is rejected because of incomplete information. We highly recommend you attach a resume, but it cannot take the place of the application. (So don’t write “see resume.”)
- All offers are contingent on passing the appropriate background checks and position-specific post-offer testing. Though marijuana is legal in the state of Colorado, Denver Water tests for drugs for certain positions. Listed as “safety-sensitive,” these postings will list the required post-offer testing, which may include reviewing your driving record and testing for drugs. Also, some positions have physical requirements that require a post-offer strength test.
- Every posting will have a closing date listed in the job announcement. The deadline to submit an online application is 11:59 p.m. of the closing date specified. Please note: Denver Water reserves the right to end a posting early should we receive a sufficient number of qualified applicants.
- Denver Water does not sell information about applicants to third parties.
- Applications are stored for up to two years; however, it’s important that you continue to apply for posted positions if you are interested in them.
Key elements of Denver Water’s online application system
- Denver Water’s online application system operates on a secure server to ensure your privacy.
- As an applicant, you will create your own user ID and password. Denver Water’s human resources department cannot access that information.
- Once you have created a profile, you can save your information in the system and update it as your skills or personal information change.
- Additionally, each time you apply for a new position, you will have the opportunity to review and update your application information.
- Please note: The system allows only one document to be uploaded. If you would like to include a cover letter, please include it in the same document as your resume.
If you experience problems with the application process or require a disability accommodation to access Denver Water’s online application, please contact Human Resources at 303-628-6300 or send an email to [email protected]. You can also download and review this help guide.