Denver Water’s online job application system gives our candidates greater flexibility in the application process. It may be accessed from any computer with an internet connection. Potential applicants can review open positions on their mobile phones.
Applications are only accepted through our online application system. If you email a resume, you will be directed to the online posting to complete an online application. At that time, you will have the opportunity to fill out an application and attach your resume and other supplemental documents.
Denver Water can only accept applications for current open positions and are unable to accept unsolicited resumes from people interested in working with us. Every posting will have a closing date listed in the job announcement. The deadline to submit an online application is 11:30 p.m. of the closing date specified. Please note: Denver Water reserves the right to end a posting early should we receive a sufficient number of qualified applicants.
Please fill out the application completely. You’d be surprised how many times an applicant is rejected because of incomplete information. We highly recommend you attach a resume, but it cannot take the place of the application.
All offers are contingent on passing the appropriate pre-employment screenings including background checks, physicals, and drug/alcohol testing. Though marijuana is legal in the state of Colorado, Denver Water tests for drugs for certain positions. We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on all Denver Water property.
Key elements of Denver Water’s online application system
- Denver Water’s online application system operates on a secure server to ensure your privacy. Denver Water does not sell information about applicants to third parties.
- As an applicant, you will create your own user ID and password. Denver Water’s human resources department cannot access that information.
- Once you have created a profile, you can save your information in the system and update it as your skills or personal information change.
- Additionally, each time you apply for a new position, you will have the opportunity to review and update your application information.
- Candidates may log in to the application portal to see their status. Otherwise, they will receive a status update via email as soon as one is available.
If you experience problems with the application process or require a disability accommodation to access Denver Water’s online application, please send an email to email@example.com. You can also download and review this help guide.